When you pick an event, it has to be special. You’re not only spending money on the entry feeds, you’ve got to get supplies, spend gas money, food money, and maybe lodging money. It’s not cheap, and it’s not a little thing. We get it.
- Morro Bay – a sleepy coastal town with tons of personality, sights, animals, and real fishing operations to see and partake in.
- Small event size – you won’t be lost in a sea of people; the race staff will take time to make sure you are taken care of and be ready to answer questions you might have: just ask!
- Classic beach triathlon course: swimming in salt water, biking historic Highway 1, and running beach and boardwalk – this is simply a beautiful course that’s a feast for the senses.
- Our race director is a committed triathlete, who has raced this course, understanding what your experience will be and meeting your needs before you have them.
- We’re super student friendly! If you or someone you know is in college, we have a discounted category: and you know the after party will be amazing!
- Speaking of after party, we’ll have a live band, beer garden, and plenty to do after while you cheer in your fellow finishers and wait for awards and results to post!
- We’ve got a great and responsive timing company that’s professional and quick, with experience working with many other triathlons throughout California – you’ll get your splits and your time will be accurate!
- We’re a benefit for a wonderful organization: Lifewater International. While you run by the sea and have hydration aplenty, we’ll be donating our proceeds to help install wells to communities in need, and we’ll be working to make the experience stay with you during the event and long after.
- We are USAT sanctioned, which means we’ll have the sort of quality you expect and the ability to compete in national rankings on race day and throughout the year.
- Our race fees will never be lower than they are right now: register today!
Did we mention that we are kayak/SUP friendly? If you or a friend aren’t into the swim portion of a triathlon, this race is for you! We have a separate water course and category for prizes, and we bet you’ll great wildlife along the way!