When you pick an event, it has to be special. You’re not only spending money on the entry feeds, you’ve got to get supplies, spend gas money, food money, and maybe lodging money. It’s not cheap, and it’s not a little thing. We get it.
That’s why we’re here today to tell you why you won’t want to miss us in November 2015:
- Morro Bay – a sleepy coastal town with tons of personality, sights, animals, and real fishing operations to see and partake in.
- Small event size – you won’t be lost in a sea of people; the race staff will take time to make sure you are taken care of and be ready to answer questions you might have: just ask!
- Classic beach triathlon course: swimming (or paddling) in salt water, biking historic Highway 1, and running beach and boardwalk – this is simply a beautiful course that’s a feast for the senses.
- Our event director is a committed triathlete, who has raced this course, understanding what your experience will be and meeting your needs before you have them.
- We’re super student friendly! If you or someone you know is in college, we have a discounted category: and you know the after party will be amazing!
- Speaking of after party, look forward to a beer garden and plenty to do after while you cheer in your fellow finishers and wait for awards and results to post!
- We’ve got a great and responsive timing company that’s professional and quick, with experience working with many other triathlons throughout California – you’ll get your splits and your time will be accurate!
- We’re a benefit for a wonderful organization: WaterRun. While you run by the sea and have hydration aplenty, we’ll be donating 100% of our donated proceeds go to help install wells to communities in need, and we’ll be working to make the experience stay with you during the event and long after.
- We are USAT sanctioned, which means we’ll have the sort of quality you expect and the ability to compete in national rankings on event day and throughout the year.
- Did we mention that we are kayak/SUP friendly? If you or a friend aren’t into the swim portion of a triathlon, this event is for you! We have a separate water course and category, and we bet you’ll great wildlife along the way!
- We’ve added a new AquaBike category so you can be easy on those knees and still get the transition experience!
- A new swim course that keeps you out of the mouth of the bay!
- A new bike course that skips the city of Morro Bay and keeps you close to our epic coastline!